Note: currently the Town's electronic version is not in a fillable PDF format. It has recently changed and we are in the process of correcting this challenge. Please be patient as we work to correct this issue.
POLICE APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING RELEASE FORM:
Release of Personal Information
GRADE 17 SALARY RANGE - $38,748 - $40,000
The Town of Spring Lake is currently seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as full-time Fire Captain
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising, directing and coordinating activities of a fire station on an assigned shift; maintain records and files; preparing reports.
- Establishes shift objectives.
- Plans, organizes, assigns and reviews the work of personnel assigned to a shift.
- Supervises training on fire suppression techniques and procedures.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency incidents; supervises staff at incident; assigns and directs staff at incident.
- Oversees the maintenance of the station and equipment; enforces department rules and regulations.
- Oversees the testing of equipment and apparatus.
- Assesses equipment and supply needs; orders station supplies.
- Maintains a daily log of all station activities on assigned shift.
- Trains new staff and provides in-service training; evaluates performance of employees; maintains discipline;
- Oversees tours and provides information to the public.
- Supervises and participates in the extinguishing of fires and the performance of related life and property protection.
- Assigns tasks to personnel in the fire station.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 21 years of age or older at the time of employment
- North Carolina Level II Fire Fighter Certification
- North Carolina Emergency Medical Technician – B
- NC Emergency Vehicle Driver
- North Carolina Driver License Class B
- North Carolina Hazardous Material Level II Certification
- NC Fire Officer I
- NC Fire Inspector I and/or the ability to obtain within (1) Year of employment
- NC Fire Instructor I or II
- NIMS/ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800
- Minimum of seven (7) years in fire service
Applications must be submitted directly to Human Resources by 6:30 PM on
Position Opens: OPEN (1) WEEK