The Town of Spring Lake does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
The Town is currently accepting applications for the positions of:
Building and Grounds Maintenance Technician
The Recreation Department is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as a part time Building and Grounds Maintenance Technician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs semi-skilled and skilled interior building maintenance and repairs such as painting, floor covering, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, and other unskilled and semi-skilled trades.
- Performs minor unskilled to skilled maintenance of open space structures such as restrooms, shelters, maintenance sheds etc.
- Changes light bulbs and fluorescent tubes, repairs fans, motors, coolers etc.
- Fabricates items from raw materials.
- Inspects and maintains assigned custodial equipment and small tools for proper operating condition.
- Orders supplies for maintaining equipment.
Performs a variety of exterior landscaping, routine maintenance on lawn and power equipment.
Plants and maintains lawns, trees, shrubs, and flowers. Carries out the seeding, fertilizing, top dressing, soil conditioning, watering, pest and weed control of parks and open space.
Maintains park and open space areas to include mow lawns, right-of-ways, weeds cleans and maintains courts and playground equipment, maintains sprinkler system and assist with the repair and installation of sprinkler lines and heads.
Inspects, washes, performs routine maintenance on drinking fountains and park restrooms.
Sweeps, washes, paints and repairs or replaces tables and slabs.
Opens, closes and locks/unlocks facilities as needed.
Keeps records of work completed.
Maintains and adjusts specialized turf care equipment and tools, including electric motors, pumps, sprinklers, tractors, mowers, and irrigation systems.
Plans and carries out a preventative maintenance program on equipment and facilities.
Operates tractors, mowers, trucks, steam cleaners, washers and other listed equipment as needed.
Collects and disposes of solid waste from buildings and grounds.
- Assists in preparing facilities for various functions as needed.
- Installs and maintains goal posts and nets for sport facilities.
- Assists in the construction of new open space facilities, including clearing, grading, drainage, and foundation work.
- Maintains current skills and knowledge in the proper techniques of building maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Successful completion of a drug screening, background check, and driving record check are required as a condition of employment.
Position Is Open Until Filled.